When you show a whole slide full of text, your audience will read it faster than you can speak from it and will then disengage… What do they need you for?
— Sandy Chernoff, Communication Skills Trainer
In this week’s episode, we’re talking to Sandy Chernoff, a communications and leadership trainer with vast experience.
Sandy is based in Vancouver in Canada where she has delivered training workshops for nearly 30 years to a large range of clients including law-firms and non-profits.
Having started as a Dental Hygienist, Sandy was approached by a renowned women’s organization to enquire whether she wanted to qualify as a leadership trainer. She leapt at the chance of course and has never looked back.
Sandy has a Bachelor of Science in Health Education in addition to a qualification in Instructional Design and uses these same instructional design skills to producing e-learning programmes in Leadership and Customer Service with Paladdin Coaching.
Sandy is an absolute joy to listen to. Full of interesting stories about how she has experienced life as a self-employed trainer. She is witty, kind, self-deprecating and more than willing to tell a joke about herself. The star-qualities of a star-trainer who can put people at ease!
** I must apologise for the terrible audio. A lot of my side of the recording is missing. You can hardly hear me and I considered not publishing this episode….BUT….Sandy is fantastic and too good to deprive you of her story!!
Biggest takeaways you don’t want to miss:
- How Sandy moved from being a Dental Hygienist to being a Leadership trainer
- How she generates 80% to 90% of her business through her website
- How blogging on other sites significantly helps Sandy’s traffic
- Which questions Sandy asks prospects when cold-calling for business
- How conferences and talks helped Sandy to get in front of the right people
- How to design your slides so they keep people interested
- How Sandy has been asked to help when other training companies have failed
- Why Sandy believes that fun is conducive to an effective learning session
- How trainers can deal with difficult questions and difficult situations
- Why she brings prizes to her training sessions and how she uses them
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Click here to read the transcript for this episode