helping people to unleash their potential and to learn and to grow and to do things better or differently – that, for me, is definitely what I am meant to do…
— Jade Luke, Customer Service Trainer
In this week’s episode, we’re speaking to Jade Luke, principal and lead-trainer of CustomerCareFirst, a family-run training business focused on providing customer care to businesses in the UK.
Jade and I have a common background in so far as she also began her career in the hospitality industry. Hotel experience has given us both a firm idea of the importance of being service-focused at all times. Jade has used this ‘people-industry’ experience to great effect since moving in to training.
We last worked together on a hospitality-related training project in San Francisco in June 2018 which we co-facilitated. As it happened, we were in town on the weekend of the annual San Fransisco ’Pride’ parade.
What a fantastic experience to watch the local teams of Apple, T-Mobile, Salesforce and so many others fly their colours for equality and opportunity!
When we discussed our respective businesses, Jade revealed how she has used online advertising and targeted ‘landing-pages’ to successfully generate direct enquiries from prospects looking to hire her!
This is training business ‘gold’ and exactly what I wanted to share with you!
Biggest takeaways you don’t want to miss:
- Why Jade sees customer care as a vocation and not just a job
- What has helped her to tender for business supporting vocational qualifications
- How she started her training business while on maternity leave
- How Jade diversifies her offer to clients to provide more than just training
- Why she prefers to ‘lift the phone’ rather than sell her services via email
- How she decides what to charge her clients for her training packages
- How Google Ads and ‘landing pages’ generate most of Jade’s direct businesses
- What Jade has learned about being flexible and adaptable to client needs
Resources mentioned in this episode:
CAVA – Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement [Open University]
CustomerCareFirst – Jade’s family business focused on customer service
GoogleAds – Google’s resource page for people new to Google Ads
Wix – Online platform allowing people to build online [Affiliate link]
WordPress – Online resource for people new to WordPress
LinkedIn – Jade Luke’s professional profile on LinkedIn
Click here to read the transcript for this episode