Cold calling can really help you to identify and qualify the right prospects for your training business quickly..
— This is part 1 of a 2-part series to help you generate new business!
In this week’s episode, we’re going solo. On the previous 14 episodes, I’ve had a guest on the show. Today, it’s just you and I.
Excited?…. I know that I am :o)
So, I have picked a subject about which I feel very comfortable. Yet, this was not always the case. At one time, I did not like the idea of cold-calling anyone. Just lifting the phone made me scared.
That all changed when I worked for a generation company in Philadelphia generating leads of behalf of Cisco, Microsoft, Oracle and others. I learned that there is a system to make cold-calling work for you.
Remember that we’re not looking to sell anyone at this stage. So don’t worry about trying to close a sale over the telephone. It’s far too early to do that.
Instead, we’re simply looking to speed up the process of identifying who MIGHT be interested in our programmes and whether they are a good ‘fit’ for us. We call this ‘prospecting’.
If we can quickly and efficiently establish whether there is an opportunity, we can invest time and energy in converting it to a sale. After all, sales are the lifeblood of every training business.
Episode 2 follows next week!
Biggest takeaways you don’t want to miss:
- Why cold-calling still has a role to play in your training business
- Why social media is no replacement for proactive lead generation
- Why conducting research is key before you lift the phone
- How to get your key message across in 15 seconds or less
- How to ask the right questions to qualify your prospect
- Why you need to track your cold-calling activity
- How to leave voicemails so you get a call-back