Attention spans are very short on social media. You can’t afford to just vanish for a week and expect people to remember you…
— Suman Kher, Communication and Soft-Skills Trainer
In this week’s episode, we are talking to Suman Kher, owner and principal of Soft Skills Studio.
As a self-employed Communication Trainer and Soft-Skills Trainer, Suman is highly-active on social media where she has seen a lot of success in attracting new customers to her business based in Mumbai, India.
We talk about Suman’s view of the training business in India and how in working with women’s groups such as ‘Women at Work’, she has helped many women return to work.
Through qualifying as a coach, Suman has achieved her goal of working closely and deeply with individual clients on a one-to-one basis. This has also allowed her to remotely serve clients throughout India via Skype.
When Suman set up her own blog in 2013/14, she literally read for eight to ten hours every day for three months to understand what the blogosphere is all about. Over 200 posts later, Suman is now teaching blogging to the growing community of bloggers in India.
Biggest takeaways you don’t want to miss:
- Why there is a lot of scope for communication training in India
- How Suman became involved in the training business
- What motivated Suman to qualify as an Executive Coach
- What Suman thinks are the differences between coaching and training
- How her activity on social media has attracted new clients to her business
- Which tools and resources she has used to publish over 200 posts
- Why providing training to women’s groups is dear to her heart
- Why she thinks that there is huge potential in working with colleges
- What she tells people who want to enter the training business
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Canva – online graphics creation and editing-tool
Dale Carnegie – international corporate training provider
Hootsuite – social-media management platform
How to start a career as a corporate trainer – Suman’s blog post
Click here to read the transcript for this episode