If you set your prices low when you start your training business, your customers will never ever want to pay more, even though you might be worth more.
— Michael R. Virardi, Trainer, Speaker, Author
In this week’s episode, we’re talking to Michael R Virardi, Trainer, Speaker and Author based in Limasol in Cyprus. Michael is highly active on social media and travels widely in Europe and the United States delivering training sessions and speaking to large audiences.
He is a 2 x time TedX speaker and is also a published author. Michael suggests that writing a book is like having a passport because it can help your message to travel the world.
So how did Michael begin? He explains that he began in the family catering business which is well known throughout Cyprus as a provider of professional catering equipment.
As a result of winning a sales-award, Michael was flown to the US where he was fortunate to experience a motivational talk from renowned sales-expert, Jeffrey Gitomer.
To say that Michael was ‘hooked’ is an understatement. Jeffrey told Michael that if he studied his chosen topic for two hours almost every day, he (Michael) would become an expert.
So Michael did just that…
Biggest takeaways you don’t want to miss:
- How Michael started in the family catering business and became a trainer
- How Jeffrey Gitomer influenced him to become an expert
- How being a lecturer at the University of Lausanne has helped his profile
- How Michael ensures that his training programs are effective
- Why it’s important to set your prices high from the very beginning
- What Michael is doing with live-streaming to grow his training business
- Why he believes investment in his website has attracted top clients
- Why Michael brings his videographer or photographer everywhere
- How speaking at TedX and writing books has helped create the right impression
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Michael Virardi – Michael’s website
Day in the Life – Michael’s cinematic promotion video on YouTube
Letmefilmyou – Website of Michael’s videographer Savvas Baltzis
Malcolm Gladwell – Author of ‘Outliers: The Story of Success’
Jeffrey Gitomer – Author of the ‘Little Red Book of Selling’
University of Lausanne – Business School where Michael is a visiting lecturer [CH]
University of London – Business School where Michael is a visiting lecturer [UK]
Click here to read the transcript for this episode