We were curious about how international teams could work effectively together and felt that cultural-training was an opportunity in the corporate marketplace…
Read the trends
“…..I think that the workplace today is very much driven by the primary forces of digital technologies and globalization and that combination is creating a complex, inter-cultural environment.
So, where ‘globalization’ has been a major influence within organizations, digital technology has started to play a major role.
The idea of the borderless workplace is where people who are working in teams across different geographies and timezones need the kinds of skills and support for those environments…..”
Develop your idea
“…..We were starting with an early-stage idea and we were focused on how we could turn that into a business idea.
Cultural intelligence has developed significantly very much in line with the way that organization in the workplace have changed.
What we have noticed over the course of our existence as a business, is the increasing adoption of digital technology…..”
Now listen to the rest of the episode to learn more!….
Some takeaways for you today:
- What brought Chris to the training business world
- Why clients need cross-cultural collaboration training
- How Chris has structured the TMA World operation
- How your training can better serve international clients
- How TMA World’s attracts the right associates for the brand
- Which business challenges require TMA World’s unique help
- Which unfair advantage TMA World has over competitors
- Which marketing channel has been most rewarding
Some helpful resources for you:
TMA World – Corporate training website for TMA World
Country Navigator – Online cross-cultural training tool
LinkedIn – Chris Crosby’s profile on LinkedIN
HBR Review – Article explaining Cultural Intelligence 
Forbes – Why Cultural Intelligence Matters